Do you like homemade gifts? DIY soap with essential oils make great gifts.
- Please read my disclaimer here. There maybe affiliate links also to help readers find the products that are used in this recipe.
DIY Soap with essential oils
The great thing about this is you can customize what essential oils you want to use, the soap base, and the mold.
What you will need :
- Essential oil. 1/ 2 teaspoon per pound.
- Carrier oil. I used Shea Butter. Here is a post on carrier carrier oils.
- Melt and Pour Soap Base. I used oatmeal soap base
- Soap colorant
- Soap Molds. I’ve found silicone molds easy to remove the soap
- Alcohol in a spray bottle
- Double boiler
Get your double boiler ready. You can use all your soap for one essential oil or divide it up for the different essential oils you want to use. Melt your soap and add carrier oil. Add your colorant. Once that is melted together, add essential oils.
The soap sets up quickly, so make sure you have your molds close by. Place melted soap in molds. Tap molds against counter to help reduce bubbles. Spray soap with alcohol to reduce bubbles.
There you have it. An easy DIY Soap with essential oils.