Essentail oils for acne prone skin. Before we jump in, check out my disclaimer here.
Unfortunately, most of us have had to deal with acne sometime in our life. We all wanted to find something that would clear up our skin overnight. Essential oils for acne prone skin may be helful.
We all have different skin types. What work for you may not work for some else. There are other products for acne prone skin you may check out here.
This is the great thing about essential oils. You may alter it for your skin type.
Essential oils for acne
- Bergamont essential oil is for oily skin. It has antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Copiaba essential oil has soothing properties.
- Cederwood essential oil has antiflammatory properties. Add Melaluaca essential oil to have a nice acne blend.
- Grapefruit essential oil is used for oily skin. Citrus essential oils may cause sun sensitivity.
- Juniper Berry essential oil may be helpful for acne. It is recommended to add this essential oil to a carrier oil. Check out this post for what carrier oils that are useful for acne prone skin.
- Lavender essential oil has a lot of benefits. It has antibacterial and soothing properties.
- Melaleuca essential oil has anitbacterial and antifungal properties.
- Spearmint essential oil has antiflammatory properties.
- Ylang Ylang essential oil can help with acne. Apply neat or take in a capsule.
You may use essential oils with a carrier oil that may be benificial to your skin. See my post Carrier Oils to see which one would be best for your acne prone skin.
Roller bottles make it an easy to apply essential oils on blemishes. Keep essential oils away from eyes.